Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

When God moves...

Growing up, I had the opportunity to go boating with the Cook family on the great Missouri river.  We would ski and tube and sometimes we would make a stop on a sandy beach area where we could get out of the boat, stretch and swim around a bit. 

At was always made very clear - "don't swim too far out from shore because the current is stronger out there and you will be carried away."

There have not been a lot of times in my life when I feel like I am in the middle of the current of the mighty river of the movement of God.  But the more I spend my time and effort living out James 1:27, it sure seems like I can feel that current.  The more I talk about, teach about and make practically caring for orphans and widows what I "do" with my faith, the more I feel my faith grow.

There have been many encouraging and amazing events since we returned from Ethiopia.  I pray that God continues to allow me, my family and our church to be a part of His movement.  As Birtukan would say - "Zot is goood!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment