Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

More than we ask or imagine!

All of the children from Sebeta (that we had information for) have been sponsored! I have received so many comments and emails from people showing their excitement for this opportunity. And of course some thrilling emails from the wonderful staff of Yezelalem Minch, who are so excited to see God moving like this.

But even more than excitement, the last email I received from them shows a response that somewhat surprised me at first. But it is absolutely Christ centered and demonstrates the depth of their faith. Here is an excerpt.

There is something else we want to inform you; when we have seen the mighty hand of God on the united Parkview church and Yezelalem Minch, we are not only overwhelmed by a great joy or worshiping and Adoring the almighty God ,but also we fear Him. When we realized that the mercy of Him is on us and He is so close to us (more than our expectation), the fear of the Lord came upon us.

I think the fear of the Lord is something that gets missed by much of the American church, especially the post modern, "seeker friendly" version. But in every example in the bible of people who came close to the glory of God, they fall prostrate and the fear and reverence is unmistakable.

May God continue to draw close to us as we draw close to Him, and may we hold on to this promise:
"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them." John 14:21

No comments:

Post a Comment